To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Birmingham, SPICA Technologies is a leading provider of workplace management software. Creating applications through digital transformation expertise, SPICA builds innovative solutions that provide significant benefits for building owners, facilities management executives (driving operational cost reduction) and for the productivity, health and wellbeing of employees. This is what the industry refers to as “The Digital Workplace”.
Spica has a global customer base and partners with many of the world’s leading Facilities Management companies as well as directly with multinational corporations.
• Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
• In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a springboard for opportunities.
• People Not Numbers. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
• High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
• Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your Part in It:
• Join and be a part of growing a first-class Commercial team within a rapidly scaling tech scale up, working with new and interesting leading-edge technologies and services.
• Demonstrate how excellent business development selling can be a valuable differentiator in an increasingly competitive technology landscape.
• Help us maintain a consistent trajectory of growth, while avoiding obstacles that arise from a constantly shifting market.
• Tele/Web-prospecting, (opportunity identification targets)
• Researching potential new markets
• Collaborating with the marketing team to help shape effective marketing strategies
• Pitching products and services to leading global organisations at D level and above.
• Accurate pipeline forecasting (SalesForce)
• Working alongside internal Marketing, Product, Professional Services, Finance and Legal teams
• Working alongside external 3rd party business partners on packaged solution offerings and campaigns
• Completing proposals and RFI’s/RFP’s
• Managing complex sales engagements
• Solution selling and utilising different selling techniques
• Collaborating with design and production teams to ensure contracted solutions are executed on time as agreed.
• Becoming a subject matter expert on Spica’s products, processes and operations and providing thought leadership in the industry sector
Experience & Qualifications required:
• Demonstrable track record of previous business development sales success – backed up with hard numbers (referenceable target over-achievement).
• 2 years+ relevant experience.
• Strong background in IT solution selling, esp. SaaS and Managed Services.
• Industry Experience within PropTech, Facilities Management, Corporate Real Estate preferred.
• Undergraduate degree educated, post-graduate / professional degrees preferred.
• Specialist Sales training/qualification preferred.
Personal Qualities required:
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Target-motivated to achieve bottom line and deadline objectives
• Demonstrate high skills in developing relationships and building trust with C-Suite and senior executives, and making high net worth deals in real estate
• Competent experience in using and managing a CRM (e.g. Salesforce)
• Very comfortable presenting both in-person and on the phone
• Practical numbers-oriented mind set
• Agility to move quickly and respond to change
• Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done.
• Cope well under pressure
• Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professionals.
What you can expect in return:
• A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving software business
• Learning from seasoned experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge
• A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun
• A chance to join Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members
Reward & recognition:
• Competitive Salary & Uncapped sales commission scheme.
• Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements.
• Flexible working.
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Career progression planning.
• Training opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
We support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you are smart and good at what you do, we want to hear from you.