To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a specialist Solutions Provider that uses a combination of technical assets, hardware (IOT sensor devices), software components, and integration expertise to help businesses leverage technology to enhance the Workspace experience. Our particular focus is on the Digital Workplace and we help our clients ensure that the experience of being in the workplace is the best it can be. We blend our core product portfolio with a “custom product” / boutique experience to deliver amazing solutions to a wide variety of clients.
• Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
• In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a springboard for opportunities.
• People Not Numbers. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
• High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
• Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your Part in It:
The successful applicant will work within our “Professional Services” squad to design bespoke/customised solutions, leveraging our core product concepts, to meet a variety of customer needs and requirements. You will be involved in all phases of the custom product lifecycle – research, ideation, pixel perfect design, build, validate/test, run, transition, and enhancement – but with a particular focus on understanding and capturing customer wants and needs, translating wireframes to appealing and beautiful designs, including functional (and test) specification, and creating customised look and feel for the product following different customer brand guidelines.
We are looking for candidates that have exceptional visual skills, a sharp eye for detail, working experience with brand guidelines and strong knowledge of design principles who is familiar with UX and Accessibility. UI experience in the mobile space would also be desirable. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary squad that has complete ownership of the custom products they deliver. You may also support business activities outside the core role when necessary. This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in some really interesting technologies and progress within a fast-paced, growing company.
As a more senior member of the “design tribe” we would also expect the candidate to work with and mentor more junior design team members.
• Degree level education in the design field, industry experience (background in designing and/or working with enterprise software) is a bonus
• At least 4 years of commercial design experience
• Exceptional visual skills
• Strongly Skilled in producing pixel perfect designs, including low and high fidelity prototypes
• UI mobile experience liaising with front – end developers
• Experience in understanding client brand guidelines and translating them in effective designs
• Working experience with pattern library and design system
• Knowledge of UX, Heuristics and Accessibility principles
• Proficient with Adobe Suite (Illustrator/Photoshop) and knowledge of prototyping tools (XD, Sketch or Figma)
• Good communication skills
• Experience working with Agile methodologies and operating as part of a multi-disciplinary Scrum team.
• Understanding of Agile Development Life-Cycle techniques and tools
• Experience working in the mobile design space
Personal Qualities required:
• Hungry to learn and grow new professional skills
• Takes pride in a job well done
• Flexibility in thinking and approach to problem solving
• Agility to move quickly and respond to change
• Resilience and perseverance in overcoming challenges
• Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done
• Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professional relationships.
What you can expect in return:
• A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving software business
• Learning from seasoned experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge
• A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun
• A chance to join Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members
Reward & recognition:
• Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements
• Flexible working
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Regular reviews, progression planning
We support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you are smart and good at what you do, we want to hear from you.