To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
- Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
- In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
- People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
- High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
- Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your part in it:
Whether you have a knack for all things tech, have your sights set on a career in IT but don’t quite know how to get your foot in the door ,we are on the lookout for people with a passion for technology. In this new role within the Spica family, your aim will be to provide quality technical support assistance as part of the Customer Success Squad responsible for delivering Spica’s IoT/Digital projects and solution support.
We want someone who gets excited about Tech, an advocate of positive change, who will equally appreciate the importance of every detail of the tasks that we carry out which are key to the overall success of our business.
Working within a rare environment where we have access to great innovative leaders, with vast experience across names like IBM and JLR. We want an individual who shows the desire and potential to contribute to our success by growing and developing with us.
Reporting into the Head of Service Delivery you will work closely within the Customer Success Squad with the Technical Support Specialist to support our Customer’s full journey as well as delivering an exceptionally proactive Managed Service to our Customers under the leadership of our Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Your primary role will be responsible for responding to all queries that come through the support queues for triage. Other tasks will vary from project to project but can include testing/checking hardware from 3rd party suppliers, configuring GemEx® instances ready for customer deployments, managing and undertaking the installation of IOT components within the customer environment, providing technical support to clients, and so on.
Key day to day aspects of the role include;
- Ensuring positive customer relationships are built and maintained through excellent technical support
- Effective communication skills to extract sufficient information to triage support calls, prioritising and escalating where necessary
- The technical acumen to be able to understand out platforms as well as within their business context
- A keen interest in design, with practical use during a college course or designing your own web content – we will be using tools like AutoCAD/ Illustrator/Adobe Products
Experience & Qualifications required:
- Ideally an IT related qualification/strong A levels or relevant college level qualification
- A genuine interest in IT
- Desirable previous experience of either/or- providing helpdesk support, providing customer service support, exposure to the Facilities Management Sector or experience of working with a technology focused company.
- Excellent telephone manner & organisational
- A good level of written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience of analysing problems/ work tasks and prioritising by importance
- Able to manage conflicting demands and organise own workload to ensure service levels are not compromised.
- Essential – experience of using Autocad and or Illustrator and Adobe Products
Personal qualities required:
- Hungry to learn and grow new professional skills
- Takes pride in a job well done
- Organised & Methodical
- Flexibility in thinking and approach to problem solving
- Agility to move quickly and respond to change
- Resilience and perseverance in overcoming challenges
- Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done.
- Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professional.
What you can expect in return:
- A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving IoT business
- Learning from seasonal experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge
- A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun
- A chance to merge with Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
- Flexibility to continue your studies in a relevant qualification if you desire.
Reward & Recognition:
- Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Regular reviews, progression planning
We support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you’re still excited about this opportunity but are nervous about interviews, don’t worry. This is a two-way process. We are investing in you as much as you are investing in our future.
If you are smart, and good at what you do – we want to hear from you. Thanks for reading our job advert. We’ve tried to bring to life what it’s like working as part of Spica Technologies Ltd but we do so much that it’s tough to distil into a single page. We also recognise that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job unless they think they match every requirement. Don’t let that hold you back. If you are excited about the role and think you can do much of what we have described but aren’t sure if you are quite who we’re looking for… give it a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained!