To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a fast growing, specialist Digital Solution Provider combining IOT tech, Systems Integration skills and Desktop and Mobile App User Experiences to help businesses capitalize on the opportunity that new Digital Technologies for the Workplace represent. We are a “PropTech” business, exploiting emerging technologies to help make the experience of working and being in the office environment the best it can be.
• Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
• In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
• People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
• High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
• Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your part in it:
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join our Professional Services team, who’s focus is on delivering exceptional, innovative Digital Workplace solutions based on Spica’s core products to a variety of diverse customers. The role involves establishing a deep technical understand of Spica’s core product offerings, coupled with an understanding of the technical products and solutions on the client side that, when combined, deliver an exceptional Digital Workplace Experience to the people that work and operate within the client’s offices and workplaces.
The role includes working with some very new and interesting technologies, delivered in new and innovative ways. At the same time, you will be instrumental in understanding the other (relevant) systems and solutions that our clients use, to ensure that Spica’s product offerings inter-operate with and leverage those technologies as and when required. These technologies include (but are not limited to): IOT and other sources of telemetry, mobile technologies, indoor positioning and wayfinding, user authentication and authorisation (especially IAM), CMS, digital wallets, building access control, and others. The mainstay of your role is in understanding how these technical products and solutions work, figuring out how to apply them to the requirements that our clients ask us to meet, and translating that know-how into guidance that other members of the Spica team can follow to implement the solution and transition it into the client environment.
You will be working within a multi-disciplinary team that includes UI and UX design, software engineering (mobile and full-stack), project management and delivery. You will also work closely with our Core Product and Customer Success teams throughout the entire project lifecycle to support the successful delivery of these complex, exciting projects.
• Work across teams to figure out how to technically deliver client requirements using Spica’s core product offerings along with other technical products and services, be they already within the clients operating environment, partner products and services, or new product offerings/innovations
• Work with the project management team to help co-ordinate activities across multi-disciplinary teams, define technical tasks that needs to be delivered alongside conventional user stories and support putting together technical cut over plans.
• Help Spica evolve its product offerings by researching and identifying new product and technology opportunities, working with the core product team to enhance its offerings based on new client requirements and product/market opportunities
• Act as a “technical troubleshooter” when needed, especially in complex deployments that involve the integration of Spica’s core products with other systems and solutions within the client’s operating environment
• Support Spica’s overall engagement with the client at various stages including pre-sales, bids, client stakeholder management during project delivery and transition to production, and so on
• Provide supervision and guidance to technical team members when required.
Experience & Qualifications required:
• A relevant degree-level qualification in Information Technology, Computing, Software Engineering, or a related field (including Sciences or Mathematics)
• Experience operating in a Solution/Technical Architect role, or in a Software Engineering role where a significant proportion of your time has been focused on Solution/Technical Architecture and Design
• Previous experience of working with relevant technologies is highly desirable (but not mandatory): IOT, Mobile App development (including build and deploy processes), IAM, APIs and integration, DevOps processes including CI and CD.
• Ability to operate in team lead roles including Project Management and team leadership/supervision
• Good communication skills coupled with the ability to work directly with client stakeholders
Personal qualities required:
• Hungry to learn and grow new professional skills
• Takes pride in a job well done
• Flexibility in thinking and approach to problem solving
• Agility to move quickly and respond to change
• Resilience and perseverance in overcoming challenges
• Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done.
• Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professionals.
What you can expect in return:
• A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving software product business
• Learning from seasoned experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge
• A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun
• A chance to merge with Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
• You will see yourself develop in both skills and confidence, honing your foresight and intuition, whilst sharpening your ability to execute action.
Reward & Recognition:
• Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements
• Flexible working
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Regular reviews, progression planning