To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a fast growing, specialist Digital Solution Provider combining IOT tech, Systems Integration skills and Desktop and Mobile App User Experiences to help businesses capitalize on the opportunity that new Digital Technologies for the Workplace represent. We are a “PropTech” business, exploiting emerging technologies to help make the experience of working and being in the office environment the best it can be.
- Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
- In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
- People Not Numbers. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
- High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
- Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your part in it:
The successful applicant will work within our “Professional Services” squad. Using your project management skills you’ll be helping to manage, change and plan for the future. You’ll need to identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs.
You’ll need to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the way the organisation works and the sector it operates in, as you’ll be helping the organisation to develop its functions, services and products to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll also play a key role in communicating between internal departments and external parties, acting as a ‘translator’ where necessary to convey how the clients’ needs can be supported.
In this role there may be times when you are required to manage the successful implementation of bespoke/customised solutions, though always based on and extending our existing suite of products. The work you will manage covers all phases of the custom product lifecycle – ideation, build, run, transition, and enhancement/support. The success of which will be reliant on your understanding of dependencies between core product features and custom requirements. All our software solutions are oriented around the digital workspace, including employee workplace experience and facilities management.
We are looking for exceptional candidates that have a proven, strong, Agile Project Management experience, gained whilst working in a customer facing role. Experience of working within a product-oriented IT software company would be highly advantageous, as would an interest in new digital technologies including the Prop-tech and the Internet of Things. Most importantly we are seeking someone who is well organised, with willingness to support business activities outside of the core role, as is often necessary within a growing company. In return, we’re offering the right candidate the opportunity to get involved in some really interesting new technology areas with the scope to progress to a senior leadership role within a rapidly growing company.
- Be able to manage customer-focused projects within an Agile development team, including running key Agile PM/Scrum Master ceremonies e.g standups, restrospectives, sprint planning, and so on
- Communicate with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service, function or product provided.
- Consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions you make.
- Identify the solutions, processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations.
- Work with the development team to comminate solution proposals to help realise the business and technical requirement within our solutions.
- Communicate the key components and benefits of your architecture and design across teams and help to address any uncertainty and concern.
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary.
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
- You’ll work to deadlines and juggle multiple projects, which gives lots of variety.
- Understand project-level finance metrics, and be able to track and report project financial performance
- Be prepared to get stuck in and be a “do-er” as much as a manager
Experience & Qualifications required
- At least 3 years’ experience of working as a Project Manager/Scrum Master in an agile context
- Customer facing experience
- Experience or familiarity of key concepts within software development: Integration, IOT, data analytics and visualisation including mobile app development.
- Experience of an agile software development toolset (Jira preferred).
Personal qualities required:
- Self-motivating and well organised.
- Hungry to learn and grow new professional skills
- Takes pride in a job well done
- Flexibility in thinking and approach to problem solving
- Agility to move quickly and respond to change
- Resilience and perseverance in overcoming challenges
- Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done.
- Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professional.
What you can expect in return:
- A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving software tech business
- Learning from seasonal experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge
- A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun
- A chance to merge with Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
- You will see yourself develop in both skills and confidence, honing your foresight and intuition, whilst sharpening your ability to execute action.
Reward & Recognition:
- Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Regular reviews, progression planning
We support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you are smart and good at what you do, we want to hear from you.