The successful applicant will work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop advanced Workplace Experience Solutions, consisting of our core IOT and Digital Twin engine, back-end integrations (using Java) and front-enduser interfaces in the form of web interfaces, kiosk interfaces, along with some native iOS and Android apps using Flutter. This is an opportunity to work with some interesting technologies you will be primarily working on our coreDigital Twin and IOT platform (heavily analytics focused), but will also work with Indoor Positioning and Wayfinding, Content Management tooling, Booking Management tooling, Augmented Reality, and other systems integrations.
Our software solutions are focused within Commercial Real Estate and opportunities in the Digital Workplace, our GemEx platform uses sensing technologies and integrations with key business systems to provide exceptional digital experiences.
- Discussing product requirements and proposed solutions with colleagues.
- Supporting and delivering new software features for our coreDigital Twin platform.
- Supporting and delivering new software features for our web and native apps.
- Developing application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mainly mobile and web functionality.
- Developing new front-end web interfaces.
- Keeping up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding data-centric frameworks, services, integration layers and APIs.
- Working closely with colleagues to constantly innovate, design and develop the way we do things, improving performance, quality and re-usability across products and projects.
- Attention to detail, taking responsibility, openness to feedback, willingness, eagerness to improve, getting stuff done.
- Strong Mathematical / analytical aptitude.
- Good understanding of Java programming language, Java certified is preferable.
- Good understanding and development experience with TypeScript andAngular IO.
- Good understanding of SQL, exposure to NoSQL database technologies a plus.
- Experience developing mobile applications, particularly using flutter a plus.
- Experience with Apache Cassandra, Apache Ignite, and Apache Kafka a bonus, but not a pre-requisite.
- Strong organisational and team skills, with proven ability to work as part of sprint cycles with a focus on getting work done.
- The ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans.
- Problem-solving skills.
Experience & Qualifications required:
- Degree-educated in a numerate subject.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a software engineering role.
- Salary is based on expertise and experience.
What you can expect in return:
- A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving SaaS software product business.
- A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun.
- A chance to merge with Birminghams Innovation ecosystem being based out of the InnovationBirmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
Reward & Recognition:
- Pension inline with auto enrolment requirements.
- Flexible working.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Regular reviews, progression planning.
- Training opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
We support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you are smart and good at what you do, we want to hear from you.