As an exceptional Software Product Designer with strong skills in UX design and a proven track record of implementing quality software you will join our innovative team working on our broad range of software products, both web and app-based.
To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
- Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
- In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
- People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
- High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
- Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your Part in It:
As an exceptional Software Product Designer with strong skills in UX design and a proven track record of implementing quality software you will join our innovative team working on our broad range of software products, both web and app-based. Our enterprise-grade software solutions are focused within Commercial Real Estate and opportunities in the Digital Workplace, our GemEx platform uses sensing technologies and integrations with key business systems to provide exceptional digital experiences. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to get involved in some really interesting new technology and progress within a fast-paced, growing company. Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, you will be helping to design, implement, test and support both our existing software products and new concepts. The role will involve collaboration with the development team, and ownership of requirements and customer support. You may also support business activities outside the core role wherever necessary.
- Participation in all phases of the design process including user research, visual design, usability and functional testing and iterative feedback driven improvement to support sprint deliverables.
- Release support creation of help guides and best practise, internal enablement to drive feature adoption, marketing support.
- Creation of design artefacts mock-ups, test specification, user stories.
- Exploring and defining product requirements.
- Understanding customer/ user needs and priorities.
- Working closely with our other designers and developers to produce optimal solutions.
- Working closely with colleagues to constantly innovate, design and develop the way we do things, improving performance, quality and re-usability across products and projects.
Hungry to learn and grow new professional skills.
Takes pride in a job well done.
Flexibility in thinking and approach to problem solving.
Agility to move quickly and respond to change.
Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done.
Good communication skills.
Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professionals.
Experience & Qualifications required:
This is a wide-ranging role working across the whole design lifecycle. If you have strong demonstrable experience in at least 2 of the following areas then we are happy to provide on the job training for enthusiastic individuals to cover the additional skills required:
- Web-based application or mobile application solution design (Pure website design skills alone are not whats required in this role as we deliver enterprise software)
- Data-driven software development
- User/ market research
- Requirements analysis and definition
- UX / UI design experience in desktop and mobile, preferably in B2B software.
- 2-5 years experience of working in industry.
- Experience working with Adobe software packages and Agile methodologies.
- Product/ Market Research experience a plus.
- Experience in data analytics and visualisation a plus.
Salary is based on expertise and experience. We welcome applicants new qualified with limited commercial experience and are also happy to consider more experienced candidates. The salary band is broad in order to accommodate both entry points to this role.
What you can expect in return:
- A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving SaaS software product business.
- A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun.
- A chance to merge with Birminghams Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
Reward & Recognition:
- Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements.
- Flexible working.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Regular reviews, progression planning.
- Training opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
We support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you are smart, and good at what you do we want to hear from you. Thanks for reading our job advert. We’ve tried to bring to life what its like working as part of Spica Technologies Ltd but we do so much that it’s tough to distil into a single page. We also recognise that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job unless they think they match every requirement. Don’t let that hold you back. If you are excited about the role and think you can do much of what we have described but aren’t sure if you are quite who were looking for… give it a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained!